Thursday, March 29, 2012

Magic Amulet or Cat Toy?

Last June my cat was diagnosed with serious kidney issues.  Things went along pretty much as before except that she was switched to a wet food only diet and was now able to get pretty much anything she wanted simply by out-stubborn-ing me because I was so concerned about her health and well-being that I'd always give in.

This February things went really wrong.  She stopped eating for a week, then stopped drinking water for 2-3 days.  I was force-feeding her turkey baby food (SO much easier than pureeing wet cat food) and water as well.  I made her two pet healing blankets (you can see the magenta, blue and brown one just behind her in the pic) and even a pet healing poppet.  I learned a LOT about the herbs, gemstones and even colors to use when doing any kind of magic or healing with animals.  Thankfully, we made it through and she had a pretty miraculous recovery, within a couple days she was eating 3x her normal amount of food and put some weight back on.

The poppet still sits on a corner of my altar (a small table off to the side that has a pleasing arrangement of gemstones, candles, a Buddha statue, some figurines, etc) and every day or so I pick it up and concentrate, sending love and positive healing energy into it.

Brown is the color to use for anything dealing with animals/pets, and blue is the best color for general healing.  Her poppet is stuffed with about 30 herbs, 22 gemstones and the back is brown while the front is purple, which is the best color for dealing with serious illness.  It's stitched together with turquoise blue thread for general healing, and has turquoise eyes, which is a Master Healer stone.


Since making the poppet, I've gotten MUCH better at embroidery and started a slightly larger, blank cat healing poppet to sell on my etsy store.  It's embroidered with several healing symbols from different belief systems.


Earlier this week she had a couple bad days, even stopped eating briefly but we managed to get that turned around pretty quickly.  I didn't think making a whole new poppet or healing blanket would be practical so I started making a little amulet.  One side is brown with a healing rune stitched in turquoise yarn, the other side is blue with her name stitched in brown thread.  I stuffed it with catnip and gave it to her to snuggle.  Catnip is the best general herb to use with cats, not only do they love it but it gives off happy healing cat energy.  Combined with the healing symbol and her name, this is not only a fun cat toy (I'm going to make them for my mother's cats as a present) but a good magic charm to protect and help them.

I can highly recommend the organic catnip from Full Circle Herbs in Oregon.

0 comments: